pho-BLOG-raph-y

| CA Photographer | Commercial | Fashion | Wedding | Portrait |

Monday, July 6, 2015

An Old Favorite Revised


This is one of my favorite photos I've ever taken.  The main reason for this is because it came from the first professional photoshoot I ever did.  I had just injured myself and was forced to drop out of Fire Academy.  I had no idea what I was going to do for work, but my wife needed a photographer, and my schedule was wide open.  The shoot was to promote Birch Fabrics' new substrate Double Gauze, and the Birch Gals whipped up this dress for Brenda to model.  I had always loved messing around with a camera, but I didn't think of myself as particularly talented, and I certainly had never been payed to take photos.  I felt timid, hesitant, unsure, doubting myself, and leaning on my wife heavily (she was directing the shoot), but I still remember the empowering feeling that came over me while looking at the photos after the shoot:  I thought, 'Yeah... I could see this in a magazine'.  When I first started, I had a habit of over-editing and tweaking everything to no end, just because it was fun to mess around with photoshop and learn new skills.  Well, I recently found the original RAW image and decided to start on an 'alternate edit', and I am very pleased with the revised composition and color.  This new edit speaks to me in a much different way than the original.  It is a more mature edit with absolutely no photoshop.  There is a lot to be said for composition and subtle color adjustments.  Comparing this edit to the initial edit makes me proud of what I've learned on my photography journey!

REVISED EDIT

INITIAL EDIT

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© pho-BLOG-raph-y | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig